Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Rios' List of Horror

We all win because I have so many friends who know so much about horror! Here's a little information about my writer buddy Chuck, followed by his top 20 horror fiction list, including notes by the author.

Chuck Rios is lover of all things dark, strange and twisted. A diehard metalhead since he was a kid, he knew straightaway that horror and heavy metal went hand in hand, all of which has had a huge impact on his work. He is a Southern Californian for life, a musician and a beer enthusiast. In his spare time he writes music for his band, Decimation. Follow him on twitter @chuckrios.

The Hellbound Heart, by Clive Barker
Beware, by Richard Laymon (Actually, anything from him. I’m a huge fan.)
I am Legend, by Richard Matheson
Pet Sematary, by Stephen King
Frankenstein, by Mary Shelly
City Infernal, by Edward Lee
The Rising, by Brian Keene
Ancient Images, by Ramsey Campbell
The White Room, by Rick Hautala
Dread in the Beast, by Charlee Jacob 

Fear, by Ronald Kelly 
The Hour of the Oxrun Dead, by Charles L. Grant
The Complete Fiction, by H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe (I list this as one entry because Lovecraft and Poe primarily wrote short stories. Among my most treasured of these stories are "Cool Air" and "The Tell-Tale Heart," respectively.)
Ghost Story, by Peter Straub
Swan Song, by Robert R. McCammon
Mirror, by Graham Masterton
The Collected Ghost Stories of M.R. James, by M.R. James (Read ‘Oh, Whistle, and I’ll Come to You, My Lad’ late at night with a flashlight, I dare ya.)
Off Season, by Jack Ketchum
The Nightrunners, By Joe R. Lansdale
Live Girls, by Ray Garton

3 comments:

  1. Man I forgot all about this post!!
    I still stand by these, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really i am loving this blog because i very much interest about horror Its a great blog Thanks for posting

    ISO 9001 Certification in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete