Sunday, November 23, 2014

Kelly's List of Horror

It is quite remarkable that esteemed horror editor and author Michael Kelly found time to make a list for this series; even though I didn't pressure him, he was kind enough to send me something. It's an amazing list and now that I've seen it, I feel I could have used a couple of his selections in place of some of those on my own. But that is the way with lists, I reckon; they can change from day to day.

A note from Mr. Kelly: "I [...] decided that no author would be represented more than once. I could have easily added more Aickman, Machen, Ligotti, etc."


The Howling Man, by Charles Beaumont
The Dark Descent, edited by David G. Hartwell
The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson
Haunted: Tales of the Grotesque, by Joyce Carol Oates
The Cipher by Kathe Koja
The Dark Country, by Dennis Etchison
Shadowland, by Peter Straub
The Great God Pan, by Arthur Machen
Sub Rosa, by Robert Aickman
The Willows, by Algernon Blackwood



Something Wicked This Way Comes, by Ray Bradbury
Hauntings, by Vernon Lee
Collected Works of Edgar Allan Poe
The Yellow Wallpaper, by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
The Nightmare Factory, by Thomas Ligotti
Lord of the Flies, by William Golding
The Road, by Cormac McCarthy
The Wasp Factory, by Iain Banks
The Trial, by Franz Kafka
Carrion Comfort, by Dan Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment